DCBIA will run your job description ad at no charge. This is a service we are happy to provide to our member companies. Send your job announcements to email@example.com.
(Click on the job title to view the announcement)
Monarc Construction, Inc.
Monarc Construction, Inc. a leading General Contractor in renovation, historic, commercial and multi-family construction located in the Washington Metropolitan area has an opening for an Estimator Position. The successful candidate must have 4 to 5 years of experience in take-off, pricing and scoping of all trade categories. The work includes preparation of estimates from preconstruction conceptual budgeting to hard bidding. Familiarity with the Washington market subcontractors is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to Schacona Johnson at SJohnson@MonarcConstruction.com or you may fax to (703) 641.8504.
Manager of Real Estate
KIPP DC is a growing network of high-performing, college-preparatory charter schools in Washington, D.C., which serve the city’s under-resourced communities. At KIPP DC, there are no shortcuts: outstanding educators, more time in school, a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, and a strong culture of achievement and support help our students make significant academic gains and continue to excel in high school and college.
The Manager of Real Estate is charged with ensuring that we have excellent school facilities for our students and staff. Through close work with our Managing Director of Real Estate, the Manager of Real Estate engages in real estate development and project management, asset management, and external affairs functions.
Real Estate Development/Project Management:
- Assist Managing Director of Real Estate with growth and development strategies
- Assist Managing Director of Real Estate with new site acquisition efforts including proposal preparation and presentations before multiple governmental and community entities
- Manage campus and athletic field development projects, coordinating and leading the development of project plans; public approval process; procurement and selection of project teams; contract negotiations; and budget and schedule management
- Lead space programming and design through consultation with contracted architects and school leaders
- Assist with securing project financing – specific responsibilities to include due diligence activities, cost estimating exercises, drawdown process management
- Responsible for the management of 680,000 Square Feet of real estate comprised of six KIPP DC campuses that house sixteen KIPP DC schools that will grow to serve more than 6,000 students. Specific responsibilities include:
- Budget & capital reserve schedule planning & tracking
- Coordination of maintenance/repair and capital improvement projects
- Provide oversight to the operations team regarding the management, procurement and negotiation of contracted services (e.g.. security, janitorial, building engineers);
- Educational space programming and coordination
- Lease negotiations
- Management of 60,000 Square Feet of non-school properties. Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of two retail leases and two non-profit/charter school subtenants
- Lease negotiations and lease workouts o Tenant and Landlord relations
- Contracted services management o Operating expense tracking & reconciliation
- Management of KIPP DC’s headquarters relocation and sublease of existing office space
- Maintain real estate driven community relations for KIPP DC across the District of Columbia, serving as KIPP DC’s representative at various, and often contentious, neighborhood meetings
- Negotiate and foster relations with municipal offices and agencies, including the DC Council, local Advisory Neighborhood Commissions, DC Metropolitan Police Department, District Department of Transportation, Deputy Mayor for Education, District Department of the Environment, and the Department for Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Asset management experience – commercial or institutional
- Strong understanding of the real estate development processes including entitlement, design, financing, permitting, pre-construction and construction phases
- Familiarity of finance and accounting principles
- Excellent written and oral communication
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture
Please submit an online application through our website at http://www.kippdc.org/careers. If you have any questions, please direct them to our recruitment team via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available beginning in May 2015, and applicants are encouraged to apply early. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
On-Site Construction Coordinator
DC developer is looking for a strong On-Site Construction Coordinator.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Other duties as required.
How To Apply -
Serious inquiries only. Send resume and cover letter, addressed to DC Developer Construction Coordinator Position, at email@example.com.
Director of Asset Management
Penzance is a leading Washington, D.C. based investment company with a proven track record. The company has developed, redeveloped and repositioned multiple assets with remarkable success. Penzance has a history of adding significant value to the assets it owns by maximizing tenant retention and driving rent growth.
The Penzance core competencies include acquisitions, development, capital markets, asset management, leasing, property management, construction management, and facilities management for office, residential and retail properties
This position will serve as the Director of Asset Management for the company’s growing portfolio of existing assets. They will develop and execute the asset strategy plans to enhance value, increase returns and position the assets for growth. The right candidate for this position will have a strong financial acumen with the ability to calculate returns, perform financial analyses, prepare discounted cash flow models in Argus, financial reporting and budgeting. Additionally, the role will be responsible for market assessments, financial reporting and budgeting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as company expert on terms and conditions of joint venture, property management and financing documents, including requirements of Penzance and obligations to Penzance.
- Act as liaison with joint venture partners, to ensure objectives are being realized and information, including monthly reports, is being provided. Identify and implement efficiencies in reporting.
- Maximize portfolio value, working with leasing and property management representatives.
- Find, evaluate and negotiate value creation opportunities to enhance the value of the properties.
- Assist in evaluating credit worthiness of potential tenants as well as provide input on lease negotiation and structuring.
- Perform quarterly forecasting and annual budgets for wholly-owned assets and joint venture partners.
- Work with property managers and leasing teams to establish and review annual budgets.
- Act as key liaison with accounting, property managers, lenders, joint venture partners and outside consultants on any problems/issues relating to the existing portfolio or specific properties.
- Assist in due diligence, feasibility analysis and market studies on potential acquisitions and development opportunities. This would include environmental, engineering and other such assessments.
- Process construction draws for development assets; funding requests for operating assets covering leasing commissions, tenant improvements and operating shortfalls.
Successful Candidates will Possess the Following:
- 5-8 years of commercial real estate asset management and/or finance experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance)
- Experience with Argus and financial modeling
- Exceptional negotiation skills with a proven track record of success
- Good general business decision making skills and sound judgment
- Comfort interacting and building relationships with varied personalities
- Detailed orientated; focus on getting the job done
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment and possess the flexibility to thrive and be successful in a rapidly growing company that values an individuals ability to play a variety of roles
How to Apply:
Send Resume to Stephanie R. Jolley | Office Manager/HR Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moody Nolan, Inc.
Moody Nolan, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Project Architect in our Washington, DC affiliate.
This individual will be responsible for all phases of architecture, including budgeting, scheduling, planning, building codes, building material and construction procedures. Must be a team player and have the ability to lead others.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, preferably a Master’s Degree, with 6-10 years’ experience. Previous exposure to General Architecture and excellent communication skills (oral and written) in the English language are essential. The leading candidate must have the ability to effectively interact with clients and consultants, have the ability to multi-task and establish priorities, must exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership, and must possess good time-management skills. In addition, our candidate must be fluent in architectural design understanding and coordination.
Technical requirements include LEED and sustainable design understanding, strong BIM/Revit drawing technology skills, and strong graphic skills – such as Sketch Up, PhotoShop, etc.
Moody Nolan, Inc. offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, including 401k Plan.
Associate, Collier Government Solutions
Come Join Us!
We are Colliers International. Nice to meet you.
Colliers International is a global leader in commercial real estate services, with over 15,800 professionals operating out of more than 485 offices in 63 countries. A subsidiary of FirstService Corporation, Colliers International delivers a full range of services to real estate users, owners and investors worldwide, including global corporate solutions, brokerage, property and asset management, hotel investment sales and consulting, valuation, consulting and appraisal services, mortgage banking and insightful research. The latest annual survey by the Lipsey Company ranked Colliers International as the second-most recognized commercial real estate firm in the world
We’re completely focused on helping our employees fulfill their career dreams – in their native countries or abroad. At Colliers, you can pursue global career opportunities. We push each other to be better than we thought we could be. We go the extra step for our clients and partners, creating memorable experiences that enhance and grow our relationships. And we have a lot of fun along the way.
Colliers International is offering an exciting opportunity for aspiring real estate professionals. We are looking for an Associate to join our Government Solutions practice group based in Washington, DC. Colliers Government Solutions is a national practice specializing in government real estate services for private investors and federal agencies. The Associate is a highly demanding role requiring a unique combination of sales, financial and research skills. Opportunities for long-term growth to senior brokerage or analyst positions are possible. Please visit our website at www.colliers.com/governmentsolutions for more information.
- 2-3 years of relevant commercial real estate experience.
- Excellent financial analysis skills including advanced spreadsheet applications experience (Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal quantitative, writing and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized and with excellent time management skills.
- Desire to advance in the commercial real estate industry.
- Experience in the federal real estate sector is preferred but not essential.
- Develop an excellent understanding of federal government’s leasing policies and procedures.
- Assemble offer submissions for federal lease transactions.
- Respond to client questions regarding offer terms.
- Assist the team in developing transaction strategy.
- Perform complex financial modeling and spreadsheet analysis in Excel.
- Coordinate third party consultants to provide supporting materials for offer packages.
- Abstract leases and government proposals.
- Prepare and distribute presentations, reports, proposals, spreadsheets, correspondence and other documents.
- Maintain company databases to track essential data including lease transactions and property sales.
- Participate in client meetings.
- Eventual transition to independently managing lease transactions from start to finish.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation and benefits including, but not limited to, a full range of health care benefits, paid time off, and 401K, are available.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, gender (including pregnancy), creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, otherwise disabled or veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kurt Stout, Executive Vice President, Government Solutions Kurt.Stout@colliers.com
Retail Design and Construction Manager
The JBG Companies
The Retail Design & Construction Manager (“RDM”) shall be responsible for coordinating with the development, leasing and construction teams of JBG to assure the best possible execution of all retail in urban mixed use properties.
- Give input on critical retail design components during conceptual planning for each project including space requirements, loading, ingress, egress, MEP concerns, specific restaurant needs including grease shafts and traps, and other physical criteria as needed
- Manage creation of the lease plan, LOD’s and all iterations
- Draft project appropriate and specific Landlord work letters for leases and revise as needed during negotiations
- Create tenant design criteria zones and subsequent manuals for tenants
- Review and comment on all Landlord signage criteria for retail component
- Develop appropriate budgets for Landlord work to inform leasing and proforma
- Manage the creation of all preliminary and final lease exhibits
- Review and comment on all Landlord design phases (A and E) as to compliance with pre-determined retail criteria and any specific Tenant criteria
- Create and manage tenant coordination status reports to track all efforts from marketing through Tenant opening
- Monitor all Tenant and Landlord lease milestones to assure compliance with lease requirements
- Monitor Tenant permitting and GMP processes as required
- Coordinate with onsite team for Tenant construction team to interface (approve insurance, temporary utilities, construction staging, etc)
- During construction, onsite inspection and coordination as needed for assuring compliance, coordinating phasing with Tenant and Landlord teams
- Provide scheduling and budgeting information to appropriate JBG departments as required
- 3-5 plus years of tenant coordination and/or project management experience within an architecture, general contracting or retail tenant firm.
- Specific experience with development and redevelopment of retail properties
- Experience with mixed use and multilevel tenant coordination and project management
- Preferred degree in Architecture, Interior Design Civil Engineering or related construction management degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong computer skills (MS Office) particularly MS Project and Excel required
- AutoCAD/SketchUp skills and graphics skills are a plus
- Strong “deal sheet” of retail tenants which have opened with candidate’s help
JBG is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply directly to our website at www.jbg.com